ASL University |
Date: 12/8/00 1:55:38 AM Central Standard Time
1. What changes have you noticed in value systems of members of the
Deaf Community over time?
More deaf children go to mainstream school now.
2. What differences do you notice in the social interaction of a Deaf
group as compared to a Hearing group?
More communications with deaf people and use more gesturer body language
with hearing people as our communication tools.
3. What cultural conflicts or misunderstandings can arise from these
am not sure if I understand this question, when I ask "hearing
friend" a question alike "don't you mind if I can use your
pencil" they normally answer NO. With deaf people when I ask them the
same question and they answer OK or YES. I have to think the opposite of
4. How do issues of power and oppression play out in the dynamics
within and between Deaf and Hearing Communities?
5. Are you satisfied with the opportunities your school experience
gave you for developing your self-identity and belonging to a community? If
Yes, I have good school and life but something missing, I go to hearing
school and I am only one deaf student there. Feeling lonely but sports real
help me to keep myself busy in school's life.
6. What changes would you like to see in educational programs for Deaf
children related use of ASL and the study of Deaf Culture?
Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is
GET IT HERE!
NEW! Online "ASL Training Center!" (Premium Subscription Version of ASLU) **
CHECK IT OUT **
Also available: "ASLUniversity.com" (a mirror of Lifeprint.com
less traffic, fast access) **
VISIT NOW **