1. Who were the two men primarily responsible for the establishment
of the first permanent school for the deaf in America?
Answer: Thomas H. Gallaudet & Laurent Clerc
2.Which of these two men was deaf?
3. In what state was the first permanent school for the deaf in America
4. In what city was the first permanent school for the deaf in America
5. Was Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet a religious person?
Answer: Very much so. Yes.
6. What year did Gallaudet travel to Europe?
7. What year did he return?
8. About what percent of ASL vocabulary can be traced to French Sign
Language cognates (roots)?
Answer : 60 percent
NEW! Online "ASL Training Center!" (Premium Subscription Version of ASLU) **
CHECK IT OUT **
Also available: "ASLUniversity.com" (a mirror of Lifeprint.com
less traffic, fast access) **
VISIT NOW **