ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: "facebook"
Most skilled Deaf signers do this sign by spelling the letters FB.
This version is a pun that combines aspects of the signs for BOOK and FACE.
Signing notes: As of early 2010 this version is for the most part simply an amusing neologism (emerging sign). It will be
interesting to track this version and see if it will become more widely used or if it will fade out over time. (Time will tell.)
Also see: BOOK
Also see: FACE
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy:
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars