ASL University ►
American Sign Language: "The perfect one for me."
Dr Bill,My name is Kim and I have to say I am so happy to have found your website American Sign language University. I wanted to take ASL in school but my school only offers spanish and mandrin so I didn't have that choice. But now that I found this website, I can learn it, and at my own pace which is actually a lot easier for me.I do have a question to ask you.
I know how to count to 10 in ASL so I know what the #1 looks like. However, what if I wanted to sign "one "as in" that boy is the perfect one for me"? would I use the same sign as the #1?
I am so glad I found your website. It is amazing. Thank you for reading this email, and I look foward to learning more ASL from it.Kim
Actually, in ASL you'd sign something like WE-2 MATCH! -- using a large, strong movement, and a "very satisfied, affirmative" look on your face.
It will be a while before you can start "interpreting" ASL. For now just focus on going through the lessons and getting a feel for the language.
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy: DONATE (Thanks!)
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars