ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
American Sign Language: "serenity"
There is no widely recognized sign that is commonly labeled as "serenity."
So to express it in ASL you need to think about what meaning you are trying to convey and then use a sign or set of signs that conveys that meaning. I'll present a few ideas below:
You can use the sign "PEACE" to convey the idea of "serenity." This sign would be my first choice.
You place the hands together as if signing the concept "BECOME." Then you twist the hands once and smoothly bring them apart, down, and toward your sides.
You can use the sign "CALM" to indicate
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy: DONATE (Thanks!)
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars