ASL University ►

American Sign Language: "stationery" (letter writing paper)

Realistically, you would just sign "PAPER" to mean stationery.
You could sign, "I need buy fancy paper for writing letters."


NOTE: When you do a compound sign, the movement of the signs become simplified. Thus "paper" which normally has two movements, is done with only one movement when you use it as part of a compound sign.


NOTE: If you are looking for the sign that means "stationary" as in "not moving" I recommend you use the STAY sign.  See: STAY

You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University
ASL resources by    Dr. William Vicars

Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available!   GET IT HERE!  

NEW!  Online "ASL Training Center!"  (Premium Subscription Version of ASLU)  ** CHECK IT OUT **

Also available: "" (a mirror of less traffic, fast access)  ** VISIT NOW **

Want to help support Lifeprint / ASLU?  It's easy!     

back.gif (1674 bytes)