ASL Lessons | Bookstore | Library | ASL University Main ►
ASL: "thumbs down"
This sign is similar in meaning to the gesture of "thumbs down" used in the "Hearing World."
"Thumbs down" (or THUMB-DOWN) is often used for situations such as:
Signer A: PAST-NIGHT MOVIE? YOU ENJOY?
Signer B: THUMB-DOWN
Also thumbs down is good for meanings for that such as:
"not a fan"
"meh" / "not good"
THUMBS-DOWN (or "THUMB-DOWN")
Also see: REJECT
* Want to help support ASL University? It's easy: DONATE (Thanks!)
* Another way to help is to buy something from Dr. Bill's "Bookstore."
* Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is now available! CHECK IT OUT >
* Want even more ASL resources? Visit the "ASL Training Center!" (Subscription Extension of ASLU)
* Also check out Dr. Bill's channel: www.youtube.com/billvicars
You can learn American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars