ASL University Main | Dictionary | Lessons | Bookstore | Library | Resources
How to donate to ASLU:
Thank you for donating. I really appreciate every single donation to ASL University. If you can afford to help a lot, great! Any amount though is appreciated!
Even a little bit helps so much.
To keep things safe and secure I use "Paypal." You can pay with a normal credit card and don't need to have a Paypal account.
When you click on the "donate" button below it takes you to a payment page and it gives you an option to donate with a credit card without needing to join Paypal. Easy.
Click the button or copy and paste the following link into your address bar:
Question: Can I use Patreon instead?
Answer: Yes, certainly! Thanks. You can donate via Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/ASLU
Question: Can I use "Cash App"?
Answer: Yes, you may use "Cash App" from this link: https://cash.me/$Lifeprint
Question: Can I use "Venmo"?
Answer: Yes, you may use "Venmo" via this this link: https://venmo.com/billvicars
Question: How will my donation be used?
Answer: Your generosity helps pay for the web hosting, domain name subscription, computer equipment, internet connection, software, and video equipment used to create the website and ASL materials. *See "the" list further below.
Question: Can I deduct this on my tax?
Answer: That would be great -- but no, sorry. I'm just a college professor trying to help people by using my evenings and weekends in a productive manner. The amount of time and organizational ability it takes to set up and maintain a 501 (c)(3) non-profit is huge. Bee (my wife) and I actually did that once many years ago. If found that it took away from the time I devote to actually building and sharing ASL materials. So we just do this as regular people (with a sole proprietor business license).
Question: Do I have to use Paypal? Can I just pay with a credit card?
Answer: The PayPal donation page has an option to pay by credit card as a guest without setting up an account or see below for more options or contact me for an address to which you can send a check.
Question: How can I contact you?
Answer: For contact information, visit the "Contact Information Page."
The reason why your donation is appreciated is to help pay the expenses involved with running ASL University:
* Dedicated IP address fee for Lifeprint.com.
* Domain hosting fees for ASLU-related websites: lifeprint.com, asluniversity.com, aslpah.com, asl.ms, asl.bz, asl.tc, ...
* Domain name registration fee
* Cloud storage fee (Dropbox)
* Internet / data fee (AT&T)
* Secure socket layer (ssl) certificate fee (GoDaddy)
* Equipment purchase, maintenance, and replacement costs: computers, monitors, etc.
* Hard drives for storage / usb drives / SD cards / cameras / tripods / lenses
* Software (for editing the videos)
* Stipends and snacks for the interns
* electricity (for the home studio / office)