ASL University ►
CHECK [card, receipt]
PROCEED-[go-ahead-with, get-along, go-on]
Practice sheet 41.A
01. YOU LIVE WHERE, APPROXIMATELY?
02. YOUR FAVORITE PLACE STUDY WHERE?
03. YOU ARRIVE CLASS what-TIME ?
04. THIS CITY HAVE BRIDGE?
05. YOU ENJOY CAMP YOU?
Practice sheet 41.B
06. Every-2-WEEK, YOU GET PAY-CHECK YOU?
07. YOUR FAMILY, PERSON COMPLAIN MOST WHO?
08. YOUR HOUSE CORNER QUESTION-MARK?
09. BEFORE-[prior-to] REGISTER CLASS, YOU MEET COUNSEL-AGENT?
10. APARTMENT CLEAN-up DEPOSIT, NORMAL HOW-MUCH-[1h]?
Practice sheet 41.C
11. SUPPOSE GO EUROPE, WANT LOOK-AROUND, 1-DAY ENOUGH?
12. FLAT-TIRE, YOU KNOW HOW CHANGE YOU?
13. BICYCLE FREEWAY ALRIGHT?
14. CAKE YOU EAT FROM-TIME-TO-TIME?
15. GAS, WORTH-[cost] (What is the cost of gas?)
Practice sheet 41.D
16. HOLLAND HAVE MANY FLOWER QUESTION-MARK?
17. CAR, STREET-[road] INTERSECTION, LIGHT-[device], CL:C-["three_lights"_show_the_three_lights_on_a_traffic_signal_from_top_to_bottom],
what-COLOR? (What are the colors of
a street light?)
18. YOUR CAR MOTOR what-SIZE ?
19. YOUR SISTER, YOU-TWO PROCEED-[get-along]?
20. YOU DRIVE TRAFFIC, HOW FEEL?
INTERPRETER: Professional Interpreters for the Deaf generally aspire
to obtain national interpreter certification from the Registry of
Interpreters for the Deaf. It usually takes several years of study and
practice before you are ready to interpret professionally. If you want to
become a certified interpreter you should expect to put in around 900
classroom-seat-time hours (or about 60 semester-credit units), several
thousand hours of general signing practice (chatting with Deaf and/or
skilled signers), as well as a couple hundred hours of mentored practice
interpreting. You will need to pass a written test regarding ethics and
professional conventions as well as a performance test.
You can learn
American Sign Language (ASL) online at American Sign Language University ™
ASL resources by Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars
Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is available now for just 99
GET IT HERE!
NEW! Online "ASL Training Center!" (Premium Subscription Version of ASLU) **
CHECK IT OUT **
Also available: "ASLUniversity.com" (a mirror of Lifeprint.com
less traffic, fast access) **
VISIT NOW **
End of lesson. Please move on to the next
Curriculum revision notes and lesson archive:
In a never ending effort to improve, this website is under constant
construction. Below may be sentences, signs, or other material that is
being phased out of this lesson as well as other material that may be phased
into the lesson: