ASL University |
Discussion topic: Manually Coded English
___ Discussion topic: "Classifier
___ Discussion topic:
"Classifier 3" (CL:3)
I am able to recognize and
sign the practice sentences and story for this lesson
I have taken the
Vocabulary Practice Quiz
___ I have taken the general
practice quiz for this lesson. See:
LEAVE-[depart] LEAVE-[leave-behind, abandon]
SEARCH-[look for, examine]
01. BICYCLE, HAVE YOU? (Do you have a bike?)
02. BOAT, BEFORE YOU? (Have you been on a boat before?)
03. YOU WANT BUILD your-SELF HOUSE? (Do you want to build your own
04. CAR CL:3/CL:3-"crash" HOW-MANY TIME YOU? (How many times have you
been in a car wreck?)
05. YOUR KEYS, YOU LOSE BEFORE?
Practice sheet 18.B
06. YOU THINK FIND NEW ADDRESS EASY? (Do you think finding new addresses
07. AIRPLANE BEFORE YOU? (Have you ever been on an airplane before?)
08. YOU ENJOY DO-what? (What do you enjoy doing?)
09. HORSE, YOU RIDE-ON BEFORE? (Have you ever ridden a horse before?)
10. WISH HAVE your-SELF HELICOPTER YOU? (Do you wish you had your own
Practice sheet 18.C
HAVE YOU? (Do you have a motorcycle?)
12. YOU PRACTICE SIGN, WHY? (Why do you practice signing?)
13. YOU LEAVE-[go-away] THIS CLASS, what-TIME? (What time will you leave this class?)
14. HOW YOU SIGN "R-O-C-K-E-T"? (How do you sign "rocket?")
15. YOU SEARCH WORK YOU? (Are you looking for work?)
Practice sheet 18.D
16. YOUR CITY HAVE SUBWAY? (Is there a subway in your city?)
17. last-YEAR TICKET HOW-MANY YOU? (How many tickets did you get
18. TRAIN TRAVEL, YOU LIKE? (Do you like to travel by train?)
19. YOUR ASL BOOK, YOU LOSE BEFORE YOU? (Have you ever lost your ASL
20. YOU PREFER CAR [bodyshift-"or"] TRUCK? (Do you prefer cars or trucks?)
► Manually Coded English
► "Classifier A" (CL:A)
Additional practice sentences:
01. YOU PRACTICE SIGN, WHERE?
02. TOMORROW YOU DOCTOR APPOINTMENT?
03. YOU RECENT EAT CEREAL?
04. YOU PREFER SOUP [bodyshift-"or"] SALAD?
05. YOU LOSE YOUR HEARING HOW-MANY TIME?
06. YOU TRAIN TRAVEL BEFORE YOU?
07. YOUR NEXT CLASS WHERE?
08. YOU GRADUATE WHEN?
09. YOU FIND YOUR ASL BOOK?
10. YOU SEARCH-[looking_for] DEAF CENTER YOU?
For a practice quiz,
visit: Lesson 18
Check with your instructor or your syllabus regarding any graded
quizzes for this lesson.
Dr. Bill's new iPhone "Fingerspelling Practice" app is available now for just 99
GET IT HERE!
NEW! Online "ASL Training Center!" (Premium Subscription Version of ASLU) **
CHECK IT OUT **
Also available: "ASLUniversity.com" (a mirror of Lifeprint.com
less traffic, fast access) **
VISIT NOW **
You can learn sign language online at
American Sign Language University ™ Lifeprint.com © Dr. William Vicars
End of lesson. Please move on to the next
Curriculum revision notes and lesson archive:
Below are sentences and or signs which are being phased out
of this lesson as well as other material that may be phased into the lesson.
In a never ending effort to improve, this website is under constant
*Old sentence: TONIGHT GO-TO PARTY, TIME YOU LEAVE? (What time are you leaving to go to the party tonight?)